Monday, June 29, 2009

Finally In Ghana

Before I went to Adanwomase, I took time to get to know Ghana. I visited Cape Coast, which I absolutely love. It was a bustling town by the ocean. Everything was in walking distance from my hotel. When I say everything, I mean food and Internet connection. Catching a taxi was easy so, if I couldn't or didn't want to walk, I had other means of transportation. I enjoyed the walks. Seeing the people, the culture and everyday life. I went there with no expectations because I knew nothing about Africa, let alone, Ghana.


I took a bus from Accra, the capitol, to Cape Coast. I settled into my room and was excited. I was like a kid in a candy store. I did not realize all of art and crafts I enjoy are right here in Ghana. I saw fabric dyeing, bead making, basket weaving, woodcarving and, of course, weaving cloth. I was ready. But first, I'm going to see the sights.

No comments:

Post a Comment